FOSSGIS

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Tue Apr 4 01:11:58 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 22:07 -0700, Chris Holmes wrote:
> OSGeo can also provide many of these resources, which could be valuable
> from a 'branding' point of view, that it'd be a part of the global OSGeo
> project.  We'd just require a bit of a more formal process to make sure
> that it's a vital community that would make use of the resources, since
> we do not want a bunch of dead projects.

I am not saying that OSGeo cannot provide these things, all that I am
saying is that an African "node", using African free software, by
Africans, for Africans, catering specifically for the bandwidth
conditions in Africa, may be more useful... :)

I have started setting up a site anyway, the url is:

http://fsiu.uwc.ac.za/gis/

The site is not yet complete, and there is no content, but you can get
the general idea...

--Paul