[OSGeo Africa] GRASS in Cygwin

Andrew Terhorst aterhorst at csir.co.za
Wed Jul 26 09:10:23 EDT 2006

Tell the authorities that PFMA rules are being broken by stupid rules.  Surely Sodhi can give you permission to get a dual boot system up and running?

--
Andrew Terhorst
Research Group Leader: ICT4EO

Telephone +27 (0)12 8414476
Facsimile +27 (0)86 6179666

http://ict4eo.meraka.csir.co.za
http://www.sensorweb.ws
http://www.sensorweb-alliance.org
http://strategy4sustainability.wordpress.com/
xmpp: andrew.terhorst at gmail.com

The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is one of the largest R&D, technology and innovation institutions in Africa, with a track record spanning 60 years. Structured around distinct operational research units and strategic technology centres, the CSIR strives for excellence in all its endeavours in order to improve the quality of life of South Africas people and to increase national and international competitiveness.

>>> "Gavin Fleming" <GavinF at mintek.co.za> 07/26/06 2:51 PM >>>

Hi all

I’m struggling to get GRASS 6 (WinGRASS, in Cygwin) to behave on XP. Have any of you got it working? If so I’d like to discuss any tips you might have picked up. Unfortunately I can’t set up a Linux machine where I am yet so have to make do on Windows.

I’d also like to know generally who is using GRASS and for what, in an African context, and also what demand there is to learn about or use GRASS.

Thanks in advance

Gavin Fleming MSc

Sustainable Development Researcher

Mintek

w: +27-11-709-4668

c: 0845965680

f: 0866164820

xmpp (Jabber, Google Talk, etc.):

gavinjfleming at gmail.com

postal: P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125

physical: 200 Hans Strijdom Drive, Randburg

South Africa

27.9782E 26.0896S

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice