[OSGeo Africa] open source GIS CD

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Mon Jun 26 02:01:48 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 11:31 +0200, Gavin Fleming wrote:
> Have any of you worked on or do you know about a good CD of OS GIS
> resources that you’d recommend for distribution? Or, are you keen to
> help develop one that we could all use?

I see that you have had a look at my UbuntuGIS project. This is a cool
set of tools that cover a lot of ground. This disc is focused towards
Ubuntu, but making a compilation of the same tools to work with that
"other" proprietary OS shouldn't be too difficult. I know that most of
the sources will compile as well with no real problems n MacOS X as well
(Darwin et al.)

Let me know if you need any further help.

--Paul