[OSGeo Africa] Hello from Brasil

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Dec 17 11:28:05 EST 2007

Hello Africa OSGEO folks

I'm most likely going to return to South Africa middle of next year on
a permanent or semi-permanent basis. Some of you may have used QGIS
for doodling around with your GIS data and as a front end to GRASS.
I'm one of the lead developers in the project and I'm sending this
email to find out from folks on the ground what the work prospects are
like for an open source hacker in southern Africa these days. I'm
hoping to work as an independent contractor implementing QGIS based
tweaks / modifications / vertical market applications. Is anyone on
the list able to give me some pointers as to where I can start looking
to get a foot in the door - or are any of you working for companies
looking for such services? I'm pretty much bypassing the regular job
columns since I'm not very interested on working with proprietry GIS
products. I've been out the country for the last 7 years and so any
help getting re-acquainted with the Afican GIS scene would be most
appreciated!

Nkos' kakhulu!

Tim Sutton
openModeller Desktop Developer