[OSGeo Africa] Spatial data viewer to run off a CD?

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Wed Oct 17 15:17:26 EDT 2007

Does anyone know of a spatial data viewer that can be freely distributed
on CD along with spatial datasets (currently in shapefile format but can
be converted into other formats). I would like to use autorun to start
the viewer when the CD is inserted and then automatically load the
datasets. I've looked at a few free shapefile viewers but they all need
to be installed and won't run directly from the CD. I would rather have
something that runs automatically without the end user having to install
anything. Anybody have any ideas?

Frank Sokolic.