[OSGeo Africa] Junior GIS Developer needed

Thulani Dhlamini thulani.dhlamini at mtpa.co.za
Wed Feb 29 01:03:40 EST 2012

I never understand when corporate South Africa says I want someone with Oracle , SQL server , Javascript , C# , ASP.net ,  with a bit of PHP , C++. Is this not why we say there are no skills available in South Africa? Take SQL Server for example , it takes years to be an expert in SQL Server , you have SSRS , SSIS , LINQ , etc that you still need to master. Are we developing jack of all trades but masters of none?

Thulani S Dhlamini
Database Administrator
Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency

Tel:          (+27) 13 759 5597
Fax:         (+27) 86 624 1164
E-mail:    Thulani.Dhlamini at mtpa.co.za
Postal:     P/Bag X11338, Nelspruit, 1200