[OSGeo Africa] Dear All

E. Ndava erick.ndava at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 02:26:58 PDT 2013

Hi Mudau

The best way to learning QGIS is tinkering it and have "Google Search" for
a friend. You'll get much more there than off this mailing-list.

Now to your request. You don't necessarily reach Google Earth but you
access Google satellite imagery. Like Walter Smit alluded to. To do that in
QGIS find a plugin called OpenLayers
 (website http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/openlayers_plugin/ ). QGIS
functionality is extended via plugins. From there you should be able to
load the said imagery.

Search Read Search read....you'll soon have 101 ways around your problem.

Erick