[OSGeo Africa] PLAAS Fact check No1 An Overview of Distribution of Land in South Africa

Chris chris at airphotoafrica.co.za
Fri Mar 14 12:01:15 PDT 2014

    Hi Aslam ,

    The problem that I have with your linked article is that most of the
    sources used are from Government departments or linked NGO's

    Prof Cherryl Walker ( Author ) is a Social Scientist and was for a time
    Land Claims commissioner in KZN
    and
    is likely ( possibly ) a card carrying member of the ANC ?

    ( It is however an improvement on the Land Divided 2013 conference held
    last year at UCT )

    Let me propose a more "balanced"  but equally easily understood  and
    effective alternative source.

    http://hsf.org.za/resource-centre/focus/focus-70-on-focus

    The Helen Suzman Foundation
    Focus 70 On Land

    Particularly the PDF authored by Advocate Ernest Pringle ( Eastern Cape )

    "Land Reform and White Ownership of Agricultural Land in South Africa"

    There are further documents with a Land context at that site.

    CM