[OSGeo Africa] QGIS Model Builder

Howard L Frederick simbamangu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 01:40:07 PST 2014

I’ve started using it a lot recently - it’s been a long time since I used the ArcGIS one (v. 9.2) since i never bother with Arc anymore, but seems similar to what I remember.

There were a few bugs that have been ironed out in the latest version.

You can run all kinds of models and scripts:
Visually-designed models with input parameters (vector/raster layers, boolean, strings, etc) connected to a wide variety of algorithms;
Python scripts;
R scripts (surprisingly easy to deal with), which makes QGIS far, far more powerful, and can also produce summary plots and stats of QGIS layers.
Any of the Python, R scripts or even models you create can then be accessed as algorithms for more models.