[OSGeo Africa] HELP

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 03:41:26 PDT 2015

Hi Tshifhiwa,
Apologies then. I know the internet in South Africa is not always what is
should be. There is however ways to ask questions. The internet and forums
like this is about give and take. Mentioning that you had problems with the
download and detailing what steps you have undertaken shows that you have
done some effort and taken initiative to solve your problem. By showing
that you have already done some legwork, you are more likely to get a good
response and not just be ignored. In this case the answer was so easy that
you got many replies but you might not get an answer next time and wonder
why. I have been using the internet since 1996 and have asked my share of
lazy and stupid questions. I have without fail gotten better answers when I
had taken the time to explain what I had done and where I had failed.
Asking better questions shows that you respect the time of your colleagues
and builds credibility in the long run.

Regards

On 14 April 2015 at 10:53, TSHIFHIWA MUDAU <vhadaudk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> is not like i am lazy to do an internet search, is because i have come
> across difficulties while downloading, so i thought there is a specific
> site which i can use...anyway thanks
>
> Regards
> Mudau T
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Gerhardus Geldenhuis <
> gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tshifhiwa,
>> I fear for the GIS future of SA if people can't even do a simple internet
>> search. Assuming you are looking for QGIS you can download it from
>> http://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On 14 April 2015 at 10:28, TSHIFHIWA MUDAU <vhadaudk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am looking for a url / site where i can download the latest version of
>>> QUANTUM-GIS
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Mudau T

>> --