[OSGeo Africa] Thematic historical maps/shapefiles of Johannesburg

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Tue Dec 8 06:32:03 PST 2015

Hi Miriam,

Not the direct answer you are looking for...

Myself and a colleague are working on getting all* NGI 50k and 250k
historical topographic maps online soon.
50k Example of Cape Town: http://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/50k-ct/
(Year switcher at top to switch years)
250k Example of Cape Town: http://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/250k-ct/

I imagine I'll have it online at the beginning of January. If you
cannot wait until then, ask NGI for a copy of their historic
topographic series.

PS: I'd love to chat to anyone else about getting similar topographic
maps of any other country online.

*: National coverage. 1940s to 2010s.

Kind regards,

Grant