[OSGeo Africa] Farm boundaries and cattle density shapefiles for South Africa

Charles Rethman rethman at me.com
Wed Feb 4 22:09:44 PST 2015

Dear Liesl,

I recently completed a 'livelihood zoning’ exercise for the DAFF and I used land cover, farms boundaries and EAs to derive some ‘density’ layers (e.g. % of farm land area cultivated), etc. I must admit I used old data sets: old land cover, old farms (2005). I did the analysis with SQL after loading everything up into PostGIS.

I am travelling a lot in Limpopo right now but I will have a look at what I have got this evening.

All the best,

Charles Rethman