[OSGeo Africa] Potential Solar Radiation

Jaco Engelbrecht Jaco at bolandkelder.co.za
Tue Mar 10 09:08:44 PDT 2015

No help?

JACO ENGELBRECHT
Viticulturist

C: +27 82 801 3299
E:  jaco at bolandkelder.co.za<mailto:jaco at bolandkelder.co.za>
T:  +27 21 862 6190
F:  +27 86 521 6147
W: www.bolandcellar.co.za<http://www.bolandcellar.co.za/>

From: africa-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:africa-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Jaco Engelbrecht
Sent: 09 March 2015 04:47 PM
To: africa at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [OSGeo Africa] Potential Solar Radiation

Hello, me again.

I have two questions today:

1.       Is there an easy (and understandable - I'm not a programmer nor a GIS expert) way to make Potential Solar Radiation (I think you also call it irradiance maps) in QGIS? I know in ARCGIS it isn't too difficult, but I don't have ARCGIS and really need to make these maps. Find example attached (Original data was made in ARCGIS)

2.       I made my own 5m DEM with 5m Contours. How do I smooth out my end product of Aspect and Slope (already using Bilinear resampling)? And why is there no data to show (as you can see in the middle of the map)? How can I get it to fill in that gap, like the one in ARCGIS? (Find example attached)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,