[OSGeo Africa] How to load .ort DEM into QGIS

Melissa Akoue Mve melakouemve at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:07:02 PDT 2015

Hi Aslam,

Thank you.  The shapefiles will be very helpful.  I saw lower down on ur
email there was a question directed at me asking if there was another
format to output DEMs.  I am accustomed to working with DEM's in Geotiff
format.  Although, having the DEM in ort format is helpful for surveyors
are working with a smaller areas, because its easier to extract only the
points which are needed and create a tin and contours etc.  However, I am
doing a GIS analysis for the whole of the Western Cape, in which case the
ort files were tedious to convert to raster for to do the slope analysis.
For this reason I decided to rather download the STRM30 geotiffs.

I appreciate you response to my email.

Kind regards,
Melissa