[OSGeo Africa] Request for Freely Available Aerial Imagery covering Zimbabwe

E. Ndava erick.ndava at gmail.com
Tue May 19 23:38:08 PDT 2015

Hello List Members,

Request:

I am looking for freely available aerial imagery covering Zimbabwe.
Preferably of high spatial resolution, possibly matching -
http://aerial.openstreetmap.org.za/ or that used as background to
http://www.openstreetmap.org map edits and downloadable for offline
usage.

What I've Done:

I have looked at USGS (http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/) as a possible
source - Landsat 8 has great temporal resolution but poor spatial
resolution for my needs. Orbview 3
(https://lta.cr.usgs.gov/satellite_orbview3) would have done but has
patchy coverage of my region of interest.

I would be grateful if anyone can provide me with alternative sources
or give relevant pointers.

Kind Regards,

Erick.