[OSGeo Africa] field mapping gps suggestions

Taryn Riddin taryn.riddin at live.co.za
Wed May 20 04:35:24 PDT 2015

Thank you to all who replied.
I should have added that in the past we used an external GPS receiver with PDA loaded with ArcMap for our estuary mapping.  We then upgraded to a Juno SB handheld gps (Trimble) but two of the same models only lasted for two years; hence my request for suggestions.
I have had a suggestion of a Trimble R1 GNSS external GPS receiver to work with a Tablet or Smartphone.  I will check out the accuracy.
Thank you once again for the helpful replies.
Best wishes
Taryn