[OSGeo Africa] QGIS Visual Changelog Party

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Feb 9 23:59:23 PST 2016

Greetings folks

As you know, every 4 months we put out a new release of QGIS. This release will be a big one - it is our second ‘LTR’ (Long Term Release). For each release we prepare a visual change log like this:

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog212/index.html?highlight=changelog

I manage the changelog compilation process and it normally takes me and the folks that help me quite a bit of time to compile it. Since we had such a great time in our ‘parallel hackfest’ last year, I was wondering if some folks like might to meet up for a ‘changelog day’. We can sit together and collaboratively work on editing the changelog and making screenshots or little screencasts. We can do it here at our offices in Technopark, Stellenbosch and virtually if you are not close by. The release is scheduled for:

Time until packaging 2016/02/26 12:00:00 UTC 16d 4h 12m

Does anyone want to join me? I have set up a doodle here (see below), please put in which day would suite you and then we can meet up on the day that works for the most possible people.

http://doodle.com/poll/8hnhvqez8iuzwzsq <http://doodle.com/poll/8hnhvqez8iuzwzsq>

Oh and we can have a lunch time game of frisbee again :-)

Regards

Tim

—

Tim Sutton