[OSGeo Africa] Student Seeking Funding For Honours

Athenkosi Ntshate ntshatea at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 08:26:05 PST 2016

Complements of the new year!!!

Good Afternoon Colleagues

I am Athenkosi Ntshate, graduated from University of Fort hare in the
school of science. I am a B.Science graduate majored with Geology and GIS,
currently I am on my 2nd year of internship at Eastern Cape Department of
Human Settlements in East London. I am accepted at NMMU for B.Science
Honours in GIS but I am having a major problem since the registration date
is getting closer none of the sponsors I have applied for have responded
till date.

I have been trying to do my honours since 2013 after completing my degree
but I was unfortunate that year I got sick in the middle of first semester.
In 2014 I attempted again but They complicated my things although I ended
up registering and they did not want me to do it part time since I was
still on my internship and I deregistered.

This time I applied as early as March last year and will do the programne
fulltime and got my confirmation by June. I started applying for bursaries
even the Nmmu RCD bursary but I have not been answered yet and I would like
to pursue my honours because in future I would like to register with Plato
as a G.Sci Professional. Currently I have written the Plato G.Sci
Technician exam and have done an ArcBasic Course with Esri.

I would like to ask you if dont you have Supervisor Linked bursary that you
can take me for I can promise you that I am a hatd worker and I am not a
lazy person at all. Kindly see my CV and accompanying documents. And please
advise me I am left with 2 months on my internship do i have to resign
immidiately after registration or can continue until it ends by 30th March,
I would appreciate even registration fee only just to start with my
studies. I know I can achieve my dream although I dont have any funds and
no one to pay for my fees. I have applied to more than 10 institutions for
funding till date I havent got any response.

Any good Samaritan please help out.Kindly find my CV and documents, Hoping
to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Athenkosi Ntshate
Cell:0837830561
Work:0437119823
GIS Technician intern
Eastern Cape Department of Human Settlements