[OSGeo Africa] QGIS Field Calculator - attributes for 2 layers

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Jul 8 02:00:03 PDT 2016

Hi Tim,
Awesome - my first foray into python & QGIS, after wanting to get there
more than a year ago. Big thanks for the prod.
I've changed your code as the layer to be updated was 'a', not 'b'.

So using coordinates from the attribute columns of 'a', I need to update
an attribute column of 'a' with an attribute column of the feature in
'b' that was selected by these coords.

The script below works, BUT, it seems like an index is a bit out,
because not all the features in 'a' are updated with the correct feature
in 'b'.
I haven't checked them all, but it seems like "all but 1" are correct.
The few I've checked (that are wrong) do have the correct coord value to
use for selecting a feature from 'b'.

My version is as below - can you give this some thought?

Thanks & keep well,
Zoltan

    reg = QgsMapLayerRegistry.instance()
    a = reg.mapLayersByName('g21c_2000')[0]
    b = reg.mapLayersByName('CM19_fptn')[0]
    collection = {}
    index = QgsSpatialIndex()
    for f in b.getFeatures():
        index.insertFeature(f)
        collection[f.id()] = f
    with edit(a):
         for af in a.getFeatures():
             p = QgsPoint(af['FptnLong'], af['FptnLat'])
             box = QgsRectangle(p, p)
             for key in index.intersects(box):
                 feature = collection[key]
                 print feature['ID'], af['SGcode'], af['FptnLong'],
    af['FptnLat']
                 af['SGCode'] = feature['ID']
                 a.updateFeature(af)