[OSGeo Africa] [GeoForAll-Africa] FOSS4G Africa

Serena Coetzee serenacoetzee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:52:57 PDT 2016

Dear Gildas,

there was a FOSS4G conference in Africa in 2008 http://foss4g2008.org/ <http://foss4g2008.org/>. It’s quite a while back and it would be great to have another one. I have CC’d the OSGeo-Africa list from where you may get more comments and suggestions on a conference.

After FOSS4G2008, there was talk about starting a FOSS4G Africa chapter, but there were some complications regarding different regions and languages and we ended up with the africa at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:africa at lists.osgeo.org> list instead. Gavin Fleming was involved and may remember the details...

Regards,
--
Serena Coetzee

Geography Building 3-5
Centre for Geoinformation Science, Department Geography, Geoinformatics and Meteorology, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028, South Africa
email: serena.coetzee at up.ac.za · Web: www.up.ac.za/cgis · Mobile: +27 82 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823