[OSGeo Africa] Request for Towns, Major Roads, Rivers, Dams Nature Reserve/Protected Areas

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 01:45:17 PDT 2016

Hi
It sounds like your colleague is probably best placed to look at
OpenStreetMap for that data. He can have a read at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Downloading_data on how to extract data.
There is also plenty of howtos on how to convert OpenStreetMap data into
shape files. Failing that have a go at
http://download.geofabrik.de/africa/south-africa.html and failing that
emailing the local authority.

Regards

On 19 September 2016 at 09:31, Flora Makgale <makgalef at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues
>
> Good morning colleagues
>
> Please assist.. My colleague needs  shapefiles of major roads, towns,
> rivers, dams, nature reserve of the below Municipalities for his study:
>
> 1.       Maluti a Phofong LM under the Thabo Mofutsanyane DM
>
> 2.       Okhalamba LM under the uThukela DM
>
> 3.       Imbabazane LM under the uThukela DM
>
> 4.       Mpofana LM under uMgungundlovu DM
>
> 5.       uMngeni LM under uMgungundlovu DM
>
> 6.       Impendle LM under uMgungundlovu DM
>
> 7.       Kwa Sani LM under Harry Gwala/ Sisonke DM
>
> 8.       Butha-Buthe District in Lesotho
>
> 9.       Mokhotlong District in Lesotho
>
> *Data*
>
> 1.       Towns
>
> 2.       Major roads
>
> 3.       Dams & Rivers
>
> 4.       Nature Reserves / protected areas
>
> Your assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated.  His name is
> Thabang Ramorei and his email address is tthramorei at gmail.com. You can
> either send the data to him straight or to his email address.
>
> Regards,
>
> *Flora Makgale*
> *Ngaka Molema District Municipality*
> *Molopo Regional Office*
> *Imperial Reserve*
> *Email: makgalef at hotmail.com/makgalef at nmmdm.gov.za
> <http://makgalef@hotmail.com/makgalef@nmmdm.gov.za>*
> *Fax2mail: 0865082280*
> *Coordinates: -25,8678100 S, 25,6380940 E.*

Gerhardus Geldenhuis