[OSGeo Africa] CRS in use in South Africa

Heidi Van Deventer HvDeventer at csir.co.za
Tue Dec 12 05:57:19 PST 2017

Hi Zoltan

we use the Albers Equal Area conical projection for South Africa with
the central meridian at 25°E, parallels 24°S and 33° S, spheroid and
datum = WGS84 for calculating the extent of ecosystems at a national
scale in the National Biodiversity Assessment for 2018.

Kind regards,
Heidi
>>> Zoltan <zoltans at geograph.co.za> 12/12/2017 14:39 >>>
> Hi Africa-listers,

I want to set an informal assignment for my candidates, to help them
recognise common CRSes used in South Africa (South, not Southern).
Off the top of my head I can think of:
	●  Non projected Lat Long
	●  Lo system (North and/or South facing) projected from either
Clarke 1880 [if very old] or WGS84
	●  UTM33-36S
Are there any others in common use?

If so, by whom?
Thanks and keep well,
Zoltan
0031Geograph (Pty) Ltd.GIS and Photogrammetric ServicesP.O. Box 7,
Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.Mobile: +27-83-6004028Fax:
+27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za
(
http://pta-smg3.csir.co.za:32224/?dmVyPTEuMDAxJiY5OTk3MGY2YWM1MDcyZGM0Yj01QTJGRDM4MF8yMDY4MF84MDM4XzEmJjlhYzE5YzIyMmZhOGMyMj0xMzMzJiZ1cmw9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dyUyRWdlb2dyYXBoJTJFY28lMkV6YQ==)