[OSGeo Africa] Maps of sub-saharan African cartography

Aslam Parker Aslam.Parker at drdlr.gov.za
Wed Jul 5 22:17:12 PDT 2017

I was referring to depiction of “terrestrial space” i.e topography.

FYI

I was just pointed to an interesting article by TIMM MAGS, titled: Cartographic Content of Rock Art in Southern Africa. http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/HOC/HOC_V2_B3/HOC_VOLUME2_Book3_chapter2.pdf

In it he concludes: “At the present stage of research it seems there are no images that can be classified as terrestrial maps in the sense that they represent an actual part of the land surface. There are also no substantial claims that any rock art can be interpreted as celestial maps”.

Still looking ☺