[OSGeo Africa] Referencing a GeoTiff in AutoCAD

Aslam Parker Aslam.Parker at drdlr.gov.za
Wed Jun 7 03:40:58 PDT 2017

Hi

It is highly unlikely that a file is not backwardly compatible. Older versions of Autocad did not interpret the header of a geotiff file correctly and relied on the associated .tfw file for placement in a planimetric space that seems correct as long as all other images are in the same projection.

This is could be the source of your problems. Not sure what version of Autocad you are using.