[OSGeo Africa] Landsurface Temperature

James Magidi jamestmagidi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 03:10:08 PDT 2017

Hi Team
Can someone assist to retrieve land surface temperature (LST) using LANDSAT
TM and OLI. I am having a small challenge. My result (LST) has a positive
correlation with NDVI but it must be negative. The LST results are high in
urban areas and low in the non-urban environments (which must be vice
versa). I repeated the calculations using different software (QGIS, ArcGIS,
Erdas, SCP extension in QGIS - I even developed my own models) and checked
my formulas again and again to no avail.

I am in need of help.

Regards

James