[OSGeo Africa] Pre-1994 municipal boundaries

Dave McKelly DMcKelly at csir.co.za
Mon Mar 13 07:40:50 PDT 2017

Good day Aslam

Do you by any chance have a copy of the pre-1994 municipal boundaries or know where I can find a copy?

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Best regards

David H McKelly
Professional GISc Practitioner - PGP 1288
Spatial Planning and Systems
CSIR Built Environment
Tel:  021 888 2611
fax:  021 888 2694
www.csir.co.za

>>> Aslam Parker <Aslam.Parker at drdlr.gov.za> 08/03/2017 12:39 >>>
Hi Daniel

I assume you control points and specifics of its datum / projections?

Please note that the DRC has various geodetic datums, depending on the region.
A very useful article can be found at http://www.asprs.org/a/resources/grids/06-2005-congo.pdf

Please feel free to contact me off line for advise on this matter.

Aslam Parker | Director: Geo-spatial Information and Professional Support |Chief Directorate: National Geo-spatial Information | Branch: National Geomatics Management Services | www.ngi.gov.za| Cape Town|
Tel +27 21 658 4302| Fax +27 21 689 1351| Mobile 082 331 8501| aslam.parker at drdlr.gov.za