[OSGeo Africa] South Africa Magesterial Districts

Chris Berens chris at mapland.co.za
Mon Oct 30 23:54:21 PDT 2017

Hi Hanlie,

Who uses them?  I noticed that StatsSA didn't release them alongside other
admins in the 2011 Census pack.  I have the set issued with Census 2001.
But I would think that the courts would use a more updated caseload measure
such as the ward boundaries as building blocks.

Do the MDs tie into SAPS Station boundaries? These were available on SAPS
website until quite recently. Shout if you need them.

Best wishes,
Chris

On 31 October 2017 at 08:13, Hanlie Pretorius <hanlie.pretorius at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Forgot to say where I have looked:
>
> * Demarcation Board
> * Department of Justice
> * Search engines

> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody know where to find the latest magisterial districts?
> >
> > I'm specifically interested in EC and WC, but the whole country would
> > not go unappreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Hanlie

Chris Berens, Pr.GISc