[OSGeo Africa] (no subject)

Zibusiso Ncube ncubezedm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 01:24:21 PDT 2017

Map algebra for raster is easy on desktop packages and through hardcoding
through Python or R. I want to implement an online solution that takes base
data (created on desktop) and does some raster algebra on  it in a web GIS
server environment such as GeoServer or MapServer.

Basically what I want to achieve is to do simple things like dividing two
images and generate a third, ratio image to be displayed in the webpage.

Is this feasible? If yes... how can this be done and where can I get help
or examples. (Preferred server choice is geoserver, if anyone has knowledge
about this)

You assistance/direction  will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Zibusiso

Zibusiso M Ncube