[OSGeo Africa] Africa pre-colonial map

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Jul 29 23:59:37 PDT 2018

Hi List

There is some discussion going on in the OSGEO Discuss and OSGEO Live mailing lists about potentially using this pre-colonial map of Africa for the OSGEO-Live CD Cover. If you live in Africa (I guess that is a check mark for most of us) take the time to visit the link below, look at the thought provoking maps and share your voice with the OSGEO Live team! See email below:

Regards

Tim

> Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeoLive] Suggestions for a background image for next OSGeoLive - with an African theme
>
> Hello,
>
> I take this occasion to share this map of Africa that I like. It was Africa if colonialism had not occurred as imagined by Nikolaj Cyon :
>
> https://www.cyon.se/#/alkebulan-1260-ah/ <https://www.cyon.se/#/alkebulan-1260-ah/>
>
> If the Africa Local Chapter and the Dar es Salaam LOC likes it too, we could try to contact the artist and see if we can use it...
>
> Kind Regards,
> Maë//e

—

Tim Sutton