[OSGeo Africa] PostGIS one to many relationship without duplicate geometries

Gavin Fleming gavin at kartoza.com
Mon Aug 17 23:10:06 PDT 2020

Hi Hugo, nice to hear from you

Just exclude the geometry from the list of fields in the select statement, otherwise, by definition, it will be repeated.

If you simply want to define the relationship to enforce referential integrity then create a foreign key.

Hope this helps. If you need professional support or consulting, Kartoza does offer these. See the options in the Solutions section of our website of contact me directly.

regards

Gavin
--
Gavin Fleming - Joint MD - PrGISc [PGP1234]
Skype: phlemingo

* Full stack web, desktop and mobile geospatial software development
* GIS training
* Support, hosting and maintenance
* Consulting services