[OSGeo Africa] Adding NGI topomaps as a gdal layer in QGIS

Immo Blecher immob19 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 22:41:55 PST 2020

Morning Admire,

Could you get the XYZ tiles loaded in QWC2? What are the limitations? I
could get them working in QWC2 as base layers. Have a look at
https://blecher.dyndns.org and see if that is what you are looking for.

Regards

Immo

On 2020/01/31 08:33, admire wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to use the XYZ tiles from
> https://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/ngi-tiles/tiles/50k/{z}/{x}/{-y}.png
> in QGIS Web Client.
>
> However, the web clients have some limitations with loading this as
> native XYZ tiles.  So I have reverted to  loading the XYZ tile as
> native gdal layer in QGIS but I cannot get the syntax correct for the
> xml. Is there anyone who has done it for this layer ?.
>
> I can load the Aerial Imagery fine using an XML but have been
> unsuccessful in doing the same with topo sheets.
>
> Regards
>
> Admire

*Immo F. Blecher**
Street: */50 Lynedoch Eco Village, Lynedoch, Stellenbosch, 7603, South
Africa
//*Postal:*//PO Box 74, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
//*Cell:*///+27 83 272 6791 |*Fax: *+27 86 736 3302
*Email:*_immo at blecher.co.za_ <mailto:immo at blecher.co.za> |
_immob19 at gmail.com_ <mailto:immob19 at gmail.com>| _immob at mymtnmail.co.za
<mailto:immob at mymtnmail.co.za>
_*Internet:*_http://www.blecher.co.za/_

Contact me: immob19 at gmail.com immoblecher

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/immo-blecher/30/414/b8>

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies
thereof.