[OSGeo Africa] Zambia Cadastral data \ Farm boundaries

Peter Newmarch newmarch at land-surveyors.com
Sun Nov 6 06:05:39 PST 2022

Dear Pieter,

The diagram represents the mapping of the farm within a beacon based
cadastre. SA has exactly the same system - coordinates are not actually
needed in the Zambia system. While in SA we put the coordinates on the
diagram because of regulations, it is not actually needed in reality as the
system is not coordinate based and never has been.

You say you want to map a farm - but mapping a farm by overlaying
coordinates from a diagram won't actually be correct anyway. You have to do
the mapping and directly connect to the beacons.

Regards

Peter

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential information and
is intended only for the use of the
recipient named above. Should you receive this e-mail in error, please
forward it to (nng at land-surveyors.com)
and delete it from your in-box. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or
action on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.