[OSGeo-Alberta] Next Meeting

Andrew Hunter ahunter at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jul 28 22:44:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have finally heard back from the city.  Sadly they do not feel that they are in a position to discuss anything at the moment regarding their move to open data...

So, do we have other ideas for next weeks meeting?

Perhaps we could have a discussion on the FOSS tools available for the dissemination of data?  Licensing issues around data? The OSM-Legal-talk list has been extremely active lately with OSM's proposed move towards ODBL.  Or perhaps, educational materials - the OSGeo_edu list has been active of late on this topic also.

Regards

Andrew Hunter PEng RPSurv PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Geomatics Engineering