[OSGeo-Announce] ISPRS joins "Geo for All"

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 05:56:19 PDT 2014

The "Geo for All" Advisory Board is pleased to welcome the
International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
joining our initiative.

We are looking forward to working together in our common aim to expand
geospatial education and opportunities to all. Professor Chen Jun
(ISPRS President), Jeff McKenna (OSGeo President) and Professor Georg
Gartner (ICA President) met during AfricaGEO in Cape Town in July 2014
to discuss future collaboration for GeoforAll   and we thank all of
them for their vision to expand the initiative for the benefit of the
wider community globally and also to make it inclusive as possible.
Prof. Maria Brovelli will be the coordinator for ISPRS and Geo4All
activities.

From 14th July 2014, Geo4All  http://www.geoforall.org   will be ICA,
OSGeo and ISPRS initiative.  Jeff McKenna formally announced this
important development in our expansion at his keynote presentation at
FOSS4G-Europe http://foss4g-e.org

For universities, educational institutions, Open Geospatial Science &
Applications is especially important as it helps in empowerment of
staff and students, capacity building, create openness in Geo Education
for developing creative and open minds in students which is critical
for building open innovation and contributes to building up Open
Knowledge for the benefit of the whole society and for our future
generations. We look forward to working with you all for making
geospatial education, software and opportunities accessible to all.

Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is a not-for-profit
organisation founded in 2006 whose mission is to support and promote
the collaborative development of open source geospatial technologies
and data.

International Cartographic Association (ICA) is the world authoritative
body for cartography and GIScience.

ISPRS is a non-governmental organisation devoted to the development of
international cooperation for the advancement of photogrammetry and
remote sensing and their applications.