[OSGeo-Announce] FOSS4G 2014 Announces Opening Keynote & Workshop Reminder

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 05:20:00 PDT 2014

** Opening Keynote Speaker

We are pleased to announce that Mike Bostock
(http://bost.ocks.org/mike/) will be featured as the opening keynote
speaker for FOSS4G 2014.

Bostock designs interactive graphics for The New York Times. He is also
the author of D3.js (http://d3js.org) , a popular open-source library
for visualizing data using web standards, and TopoJSON
(https://github.com/mbostock/topojson) , an extension to GeoJSON that
encodes topology.

D3.js is one of the most exciting visualization technologies to appear
recently, and we're very excited to have Mike at FOSS4G. You can see
some of his work at his website (http://bost.ocks.org/mike/) and be
sure to check out his numerous elegant D3.js examples at
http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock.

** Workshop Proposal Reminder
Workshop Proposals are due March 15th, just a couple of days away.
We've had lots of great submissions, but would love to have yours, too.
Workshops are always very popular, and are a great way to introduce
people to your work. No project or idea is too small to be worth
submitting.

Read the Call for Workshops
(https://2014.foss4g.org/calls-for-papers/workshop-proposals/)  or go
right to the submission page
(https://2014.foss4g.org/submit-workshop/) .

** Upcoming Dates

Workshop Proposals Due - March 15th
Registration Begins - April 1st
Academic Track Papers Due - April 15th
Presentation Submissions Due - April 15th
Workshops - Sept 8th-9th
Main Conference - Sept 10th-12th
Code Sprint - Sept 13th

** About FOSS4G

The annual FOSS4G conference is the largest global gathering focused on
open source geospatial software. FOSS4G brings together developers,
users, decision-makers and observers from a broad spectrum of
organizations and fields of operation. Through six days of workshops,
presentations, discussions, and cooperation, FOSS4G participants create
effective and relevant geospatial products, standards, and protocols.

Contact us at:
** foss4g2014-info at osgeo.org