[OSGeo-Announce] OSGeo-BE is an official local OSGeo chapter

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 25 10:40:43 PDT 2015

The local active OSGeo members from Belgium are proud to announce the birth
of the Belgian local Chapter.

Belgium is, as a country divided in at least 3 speaking languages and 3
official languages. The active OSGeo community members today are either
active in the OSGeo.nl, the OSGeo.fr or in several OSGeo communities.

The Belgium chapter will actively work on the promotion of open source Geo
solutions and the continuation of all the good work based on the existing
software stacks.

Together with the Belgian eco-system of administrations, industry and
schools, we want to build a more open world.

On 29 October, 2015, we will organise a first FOSS4G-BE and announce the
birth of the (legal) organisation to the Belgium public.

You want to leave us a message or join us ?

You can find us on the wiki[1] or on the Belgian mailing list[2].

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Belgium

Dirk Frigne