[OSGeo-Announce] Geo-Processing summer school

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 3 02:16:16 PDT 2016

We are pleased to announce: Registration open now for two Summer
Schools organized by www.spatial-ecology.net held at the University of
Basilicata, Matera, Italy:

- Spatio-Temporal Data Analyses Using Free and Open Source Software
(6th-10th June 2016)

An immersion 5 day experience opening new horizons on the use of the
vast potentials of the Linux environment and the command line approach
to process data using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS, GDAL/OGR, R,
PKtools, Openforis. We will guide newbies who have never used a
command line terminal to a stage which will allow them to understand
and use very advanced open source data processing routines. Our focus
is to enhance the approach of self-learning allowing participants to
keep on progressing and updating their skills in a continuously
evolving technological environment.

- Hands-on Open Source Drone Mapping and High Performance Computing
for Big Geo-Data (13th-17th June 2016)

Another 5 day immersion experience on advanced data processing using
high performance computers (HPC) and emerging technologies such as
drone mapping, rasdaman (Fastest Array Database on Earth) and cloud
computing. We provide a walk-through journey from the introduction of
Linux operating system and different open source software (Python,
GRASS, GDAL/OGR, R, PKtools, Openforis) to capturing data out in the
field using an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, to complex image processing
and data analyses. We focus on how maximising computation performance
using multicore on single computer, switching to distributed clusters
of computers (using grid engine scheduler) and ultimately data
analytics with cutting edge rasdaman software (Big Data Analytics
Server).

More information and registrations:

www.spatial-ecology.net/upcoming-events

https://www.facebook.com/spatialecology  > see events

info at spatial-ecology.net

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Yale University.
Jetz Lab, OML Room 405
P.O. Box 208106
165 PROSPECT ST
New Haven, CT 06520-8106