[OSGeo-Announce] "Geo for All" Newsletter - Feb 2016 now published

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Sun Feb 7 11:00:25 PST 2016

'''Geo for All''' is the Open Source Geospatial Foundation's
Educational outreach with our mission for making geospatial education
and opportunities accessible to all. Our monthly newsletters are key
to reach out our ideas with the wider community and build new
collaborations.We request all OSGeo members to share any
updates/developments as short reports for next issue of Geo4All
newsletter.

Also we want to hightlight OSGeo SMEs and service providers
http://www.osgeo.org/search_profile?SET=1  in our future editions of
our newsletter. The aim is to get the wider community know about the
excellent companies and startups that make the OSGeo ecosystem and
encourage more collaborations and startups . So please email our chief
editor [email-   labrinos at eled.auth.gr   ] a short article about your
company and how OSGeo software has been empowering you and enabling
your growth . We also welcome usecases and implementation examples of
how OSGeo software and open principles in education are empowering
universities, government organisations, NGOs etc. We will get your
articles published in our newsletter in forthcoming issues. Please
make sure you send your artcles before 24th of every month to get it
published in the next month's edition.

We will also be highlighting one OSGeo software project /community
every month [from the OSGeo live DVD] .We request the OSGeo community
to please send any reports, articles on OSGeo activities happening
(events, new software releases, summer schools, new courses, training
events etc) to the newsletter editors.

We are pleased share our newsletter at
http://www.geoforall.org/newsletters/  to the wider geo community.

=== Editorial - Feb 2016 ===

Dear members of the Network/ readers of the Newsletter,

In this issue you can read two very interesting articles: one for the
European Center for Medium range Weather Forecasting and the second
about the OpenCitySmart – the Open City Platform.
The first one has to do with the Global Flood Awarness System while
the second for the improvement of the living standards of the people
living, mainly, in the cities of poor countries.

In fact, both articles show how volunteerism can help and upgrade the
living standards of the people and how much the efforts or our Network
can upgrade the quality of life. It is important to know that our
ideas, however bizarre they may seem at first place, can become true
when we share with others and work together.
Along with the articles, you can find all the other topics like
conferences, courses, free software, etc.

Have a nice reading .

Nikos Lambrinos
Chief Editor
Dept. of Primary Education