[OSGeo-Announce] OSGeo Joins Geospatial World Forum (GWF) as Supporting Organization

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 15 02:00:09 PST 2016

In line with OSGeo's renewed vision to "Empower everyone with open source
geospatial", we seek to promote our activity not only though the hosting of
events such as the FOSS4G [2], but also proactively engage with the broader
Geospatial Community in various forums.

Our mission is foster global adoption of open geospatial technology by
being an inclusive software foundation devoted to an open philosophy and
participatory community driven development.

Our partnership with GWF goes back to 2007 when OSGeo organized a well
attended OSGeo session at Map World Forum (former avatar of GWF) in
Hyderabad, India. OSGeo was an Institutional Partner at the first GWF
held in
Hyderabad, India in 2011 and also at GWF 2012 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
It is a great pleasure to renew our partnership as Supporting
Organization for GWF 2016 [3] and organize a special OSGeo Session at
the event.

The conference will take place in Rotterdam 23 - 26, May 2016. As OSGeo
we will have the chance to present our multifaceted activities and
initiatives we support. We are very exited to have this opportunity
showcase OSGeo projects to the participants of GWF. As an inclusive
software foundation, we attach great important to be present at tech
events like GWF and enhance our global impact and reach.

OSGeo will organise a full day event on May 24 and wishes to initiate a
call for presenters promote our products and core values. Volunteers can
contact Dirk Frigne, Vice-President, OSGeo Foundation [4] to help
organise the session. OSGeo will also be have a booth at the exhibition
special 1 day pass for access to the exhibition area and OSGeo Session
will be 25Euros.

More information to come on the wikipage [5]

Look forward to meeting you all at GWF and wish the event a great success.

Dirk Fringe
VP, OSGeo Foundation

[1] http://geospatialworldforum.org/
[2] http://www.foss4g.org/
[3] http://geospatialworldforum.org/
[4] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Dirkf
[5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geospatial_World_Forum_2013

*About the Open Source Geospatial Foundation*

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is a not-for-profit
organization whose mission is to foster global adoption of open
geospatial technology by being an inclusive software foundation devoted
to an open philosophy and participatory community driven development.
The foundation provides financial, organizational and legal support to
the broader open source geospatial community. It provides an independent
legal entity to which community members can contribute code, funding and
other resources, secure in the knowledge that their contributions will
be maintained for public benefit.

OSGeo also serves as an outreach and advocacy organization for the open
source geospatial community, and provides a common forum and shared
infrastructure for improving cross-project collaboration. The
Foundation's projects are all freely available and useable under an
OSI-certified open source license.