[AtlanticCanada] First Fredericton "Mappy" Hour a success

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Feb 25 07:11:02 EST 2011

On 11-02-24 8:59 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB) wrote:
> The first FredOSM meetup was a success. We had two experienced OSM users
> and four beginners at the meeting. The gender split was 2 women and four
> men. The experienced users shared their knowledge and experience of OSM
> with the beginners and some demonstrations were shown on the use of the
> Potlatch 2 map editor and the JOSM map editor. We hope to see even more
> people at the next “Mappy” Hour meetup on March 21^st – more details
> here: http://meetu.ps/FXhk. Please share this info with any friends,
> family, or colleagues in the Fredericton, NB area.

Congratulations to the OSM gang. This is exactly what I hope the
Atlantic Chapter can do regularly, just give a place to gather and chat
about common interests, for both beginners and experts.

By the way, there is a lot of excitement in both communities this year,
because OSM's State of the Map event and OSGeo's FOSS4G event are back
to back, in Denver this September.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

-jeff

--