[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G

Shoaib Burq shoaib at nomad-labs.com
Thu Nov 29 06:21:43 EST 2007

Hi all

I had a quick look at the budget. ICE's professional experience is clearly
reflected in the document even at this early stage. Thank's ICE looks like
we're in good hands.

Just some random comments. There are some things we will need to consider
sooner or later.

   - The tutorial sessions on the first day will need to be looked at --
   will they be optional?
   - How much do we charge for registering with and without tutorial
   session?
   - How much honorarium, if at all, do we pay the tutorial/workshop
   speaker? (some pay the cost of travel and accommodation only and others
   given a small honorarium ~$US1000).
   - Scholarship program for students
   - Possible creativity in the conference schedule. For example
http://railsconfeurope.com/
   had a keynote every morning which had the effect of kicking off each
   day with everyone getting together in one hall and receiving some thought
   provoking ideas

Also being closer to Asia should we be thinking about religious holidays
there as well?
Check out http://www.interfaithcalendar.org/2009.htm for any major events.

Cheers
Shoaib