[Aust-NZ] Incorporation of Aust-NZ chapter

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Tue Apr 1 00:27:59 EDT 2008

IMO:

Cameron,

The actual responsibilities have yet to be determined, and would need to
be one of the first responsibilities of the new board.

In short, I see that the directors would be the legal representatives of
the organisation.

To give you an idea of the type of responsibilities of a director see:

http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Your+company+and+the+law?openDocument

These particular requirements are for an Australian Company and we are
looking at establishing a not for profit company in WA. However they
should give you an idea of your potential obligations.

Tim, can you please post a link for the WA requirements?

This raises the issue of Kiwi representation and whether a foreign
national can be a director of an Australian organisation. I think that
this is not an issue, but Tim has looked closer at the WA requirements.

I'm not sure where we go longer term with establishing an entity in NZ or
if this is really required. Let's keep it simple for now as per Tim's
earlier post on this.

HTH

Bruce

Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
Sent by: aust-nz-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
01/04/2008 11:44 AM

Bruce Bannerman <bruce at bannerman.id.au>
cc
ByronC <byron.cochrane at nzdf.mil.nz>, Aust-NZ OSGeo
<Aust-NZ at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject
Re: [Aust-NZ] Incorporation of Aust-NZ chapter

Bruce,
I've pinged a couple of potential New Zealand candidates who have asked
what obligations one would expect from an OSGeo-Aust-NZ director?

Would you like to answer this?

Bruce Bannerman wrote:
> We need to get the incorporation of the Aust-NZ chapter of OSGeo sorted
> out ASAP.
>
> Several of us will need to start making decisions on behalf of OSGeo
> soon for FOSS4G-2009. I'd prefer to see that these people are at least
> protected by appropriate insurance when they do so.
>

> Lets resolve this by Friday 4th April 2008.
>

> To do this, I propose that we:
>
> -have five directors of OSGeo-AustNZ.
>
> -call for nominations for the position of Director of OSGeo-AustNZ;
>
> -close nominations at midnight on Wednesday 2 April,
>
> -collate Nominees on Thursday 3 April;
>
> -vote on Friday 4 April;  and
>
> -once we have our directors, they can sort out the process for
> determining who does what.
>

> I'll open up nominations and propose the following people:
>
> - Cameron Shorter
> - Tim Bowden
> - Shoaib Burq
>

> Do we have any other nominations?