[Aust-NZ] Incorporation of Aust-NZ chapter

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 07:37:23 EDT 2008

Bruce Bannerman wrote:
> I'm not sure where we go longer term with establishing an entity in NZ
> or if this is really required. Let's keep it simple for now as per
> Tim's earlier post on this.

I don't know if it needs to be registered in both places -- I suppose the
issue arises when funding originating in NZ is transferred- does NZ's IRD
recognize the overseas non-profit status? Or would the donor or a local
OSGeo representative somehow find themselves liable? Perhaps a long shot,
but best not to find out the hard way. I doubt there are any citizenship
requirements to sit on a Aust board, but there very well could be
residency requirements.

just thoughts, no idea really -- it needs to be looked into.

regards,
Hamish Bowman

GRASS GIS Dev Team & PSC
  /