Fw: [Aust-NZ] Incorporation of Aust-NZ chapter

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Thu Apr 3 19:05:15 EDT 2008

I agree with much of this.  Tyler is a prime candidate for the role, if
he has time and inclination for it.  The silent vote doesn't sit well
with me, but I understand the motivation and won't cry over it for too long.

I'm suddenly confused about what we're actually voting for.  Are we
voting in a single director, or several directors to form the board?
I've been under the impression it was the latter, which makes the
ranking system somewhat nonsensical.

I would think having a strong board, with a fairly arbitrary chair at
this point, is needed to get our procedures organized quickly.  We can
then have a more formal vote for chair, and have established processes
for adding and removing members of the board.  Voting for a single
person right now makes much less sense to me.  Perhaps someone that's
followed this thread better than I can post a summary?

Mark