[Aust-NZ] Introduction for elections:

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:07:57 EDT 2008

Following on from Hamish's suggestion re introductions, and moving the
process along:

Thank you for the nomination to the board. I humbly accept.

Why me?
I'm interested in Aust-NZ for a few reasons:
1. I love the concept of Open Source, and have been a developer for 10
years or so. In particular, I started the Mapbuilder project 5 years
ago, which recently graduated as an OSGeo project.
2. I'm very keen to get FOSS4G to come to Sydney, and hence got involved
in the FOSS4G2009 bid. And I plan to continue my involvement in FOSS4G.
3. I have the honour of working for a company where we support
Geospatial Open Source, and it makes good business sense for us to help
promote OSGeo through Aust-NZ. (It is a bonus that it aligns with my
personal beliefs). I've made presentations at conferences in this
regard, and plan to do so again.
4. Most importantly, I like working with the people in the OSGeo community.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally