[Aust-NZ] Take 2 - Incorporation of Aust-NZ chapter of OSGeo

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Tue Apr 8 21:13:38 EDT 2008

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> On 8-Apr-08, at 1:23 AM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
>> - We each send our vote to a single trusted person to tally the results.
>>   This person is Tyler Mitchell, Executive Director of the Open Source
>>   Geospatial Foundation. Tyler has kindly accepted this role.
>
>> - Final say of what is an invalid vote rests with Tyler.
>
> I'm glad things have delayed a bit.  This week, I've been doing a bit of
> a reassessment of my time availability and realise that I probably
> should not have offered to take this on.  I fear I'll end up out of town
> or too swamped to deal with it adequately, while some of my other
> priorities continue to slip.  Sorry for flipping my position on it, but
> could please line up someone else?  It would be greatly appreciated and
> I'll buy a beer in Cape Town for anyone who takes it over for me :)
>
> Tyler

I am willing to do this, with a few caveats:
   My response will not be swift, I would expect to post have results be
5pm Wednesday 16 April.
   I do work for one of the nominees (Cameron Shorter).  While I have no
concerns about my impartiality or my ability to maintain the opacity of
the process, others may.

These do make me somewhat inappropriate, but I'm keen on preventing
further delays.

--
Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect

Commercial Support for Geospatial Open Source Software