[Aust-NZ] Preparing for WALIS conference (12-14 March)

Cameron Shorter cshorter at lisasoft.com
Fri Feb 29 01:17:22 EST 2008

Things to coordinate for OSGeo stand:

1. Shirts:
* Tim should be ringing a shirt company as we speak and will be ordering
light blue business shirts with OSGeo embroiled over the breast pocket.
If you want one of these shirts, please let us know your shirt size.
* We already have black OSGeo t shirts which will be available for
occasional visitors.

2. Incorporating OSGeo-Aust-NZ
* Our local chapter has not been incorporated yet.
* Out of this conference, we should have funds sufficient to incorporate.
* Is someone available to fill in required paperwork? I believe Tim has
details.
* As we are not incorporated yet we shouldn't use OSGeo-Aust-NZ for
finances.

3. Sponsorship:
* Tim tells me that 4 organisations have pledged money to cover
conference costs at $750 each. Could each interested organisation please
confirm their sponsorship.
I'll start:
$750 pledged from LISAsoft.

* I understand that Gaia Resources has already paid for the stand and we
need to refund them half this cost.
* I suggest all this money is handled by one organisation who pays all
expenses then puts remaining cash into OSGeo-Aust-NZ once it is
incorporated. LISAsoft can handle the finances, but I'm happy for
someone else to volunteer if they prefer.

4. Advertising:
* We have an large OSGeo pull-up stand, around 1.2m x 2m.
* Each sponsoring organisation should have equal wall space to display
their company.
* How much wall space do we have?

5. Fliers.
* Milton is posting these. Who should he send them to?

6. Furniture
* We need to organize some. What do we need? How many desks? How many
chairs?
* I assume everyone will have a laptop.
* Do we have an internet connection?
* Will someone be bringing a hub?