[Aust-NZ] Can proprietary products be discussed/promoted at FOSS4G2009?

Chris Tweedie chris at narx.net
Thu Jul 24 02:40:55 EDT 2008

I agree with Brent 100%. If FOSS4G is about broadening the reach of
opensource geospatial, it has to hinge on the interoperability with existing
spatial systems, commercial or otherwise. Would commercial vendors even risk
pitching "too-commercial" abstracts at the cost of alienating the FOSS4G
community? Furthermore, has this actually been a problem at previous
conferences?

Chris