[OSGeo-Standards] Re: [Aust-NZ] ESRI/Google indexing spatialdata.Where is OGC? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ian.Batley at ga.gov.au Ian.Batley at ga.gov.au
Wed May 28 19:24:52 EDT 2008

The ASDD search uses the old Z39.50 protocols and yes you can submit a search
to it via those protocols as opposed to a published API or web service.
However, GA are conducting a trial of using GeoNetwork for the ASDD. I do not
know where that is at but Ben Searle or John Hockaday should be able to tell
you. The intent is to bring the ASDD up to the current technologies so any
work that improves the functionality of GeoNetwork and its APIs should help
this process.

Ian Batley
ian.batley at ga.gov.au