[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G WMS/WFS Recommended Servers

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 19:10:42 EDT 2009

Morning:

I am putting together a couple tutorials/workshops for FOSS4G - and
need to have some WMS / WFS severs I can trust to stay up. My needs in
previous years have been met by the serves here
(http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DATA/Home).

This year I am going to have to come up with a new list:
- services should be local to Australia (the high latency of servers
in Europe and north America makes for a poor demo)
- services should be up for the conference (and be capable of support
the high load)
- information should be vaguely interesting

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations? We probably should shop
the resulting list around to other workshop/tutorial writers along
with the reminder about latency.

I have already considered:
- SLIP (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DATA/SLIP) -
the requirement to get an account and sign on; not all layers can be
trusted to resolve (perhaps resolve in a timely fashion? makes no
difference)
- CCIP - while the project is coming together it is not in place now
and I need to start writing

Jody